Saturday, June 23, 2007

Transcoder at heart


Transcoder at heart, originally uploaded by itchytooth.

I've spent a lot of time and energy over the last few days making a bunch of movies iPod compatible for our trip. I've got 26 done, with just a few more to go. The process is pretty straight forward, just tedious. It goes like this (on a Mac): Rip the DVD with MacTheRipper--> convert it to MPEG-4 (or h.264, if you've got the time)--> import it into iTunes. The tricky part is when you're converting foreign films, you can really easily copy the wrong audio track or forget to embed subtitles. I like directors commentary and all, but they kind of interfere with a first viewing.

So, with about 30 movies, 206.4 hours of audio books and 40GB of music, we should be well entertained on our, um, adventure.

No comments:

I Follow CSS

U COMMENT
I FOLLOW